NOTES FROM THE SCHOOL DIRECTOR – Dec 8, 2016
We encourage parents and grandparents to attend our lecture demonstrations in December. This is your chance to look at your dancer’s progress since September and get to know your child’s teacher. Your child has received a schedule for their demonstrations. It will also be sent in an email to you.
HOLIDAY DAYS OFF
Our studio will be closed from December 22 to January 2 for the holidays. Classes will resume on Jan 3. Enjoy your time with family!
The studio will close due to snow and other weather concerns if the Carman-Ainsworth High School closes. We will notify parents by posting school closings on the YPBT Facebook page, and by sending an auto-text to parents who have signed up for this service. If your child is also a member of our YPBT performance company, this policy may be amended for important rehearsals or performances. You will be notified if this happens.
OTHER IMPORTANT STUDIO INFORMATION
• Parents of younger children, please make sure your child is prepared for class and on time. We encourage parents of older children to allow them to be responsible for themselves, which will enable an easier transition toward the independence required for performing in the theater.
• Clothing and other items left behind will be placed in the Lost and Found and emptied regularly. Your child’s dance clothing and shoes should be clearly marked with their first and last name.
• Please supervise siblings in the lobby. The back studio should not be used as a play area.
• Dancers and family members are welcome to use the kitchen facilities. Please clean up after yourself and encourage your children to do the same.
• Drop off and pick up your child promptly. Remind your child to wait inside.
• Teachers often have consecutive classes to teach. If you need to discuss something with your child’s teacher, please respect their time with students by discussing your needs at other times. Call Denise at 810-516-4411 with particular incident concerns
• Parents are expected to check the lobby bulletin board weekly for important announcements and copies of notes given previously. It is the parent’s responsibility to get any information or notes that would have been given during a child’s absence.
• Please let your child’s teacher know if they will be missing class. Help YPBT stay healthy by keeping your child at home if there is a possibility of contagious illness.
• Regular attendance is important. Missed classes are to be discussed with your teacher, who will recommend a proper make-up class. There is no refund for missed classes.
• Please drive carefully in our parking lot as many young children are coming and going.
• Please respect the privacy of other children by not posting photographs or videos on social media without permission.
• Due to copyright and privacy laws, posting videos of choreography is prohibited without permission of the School Director or Artistic Director.